Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

♡Free Verses/Poem ♡

Hey Everyone! 
Welcome back to my blog. 

This month for writing we have been focusing on poems, which is a big change because last month we were doing Traditional Tales. To be honest I am not that good at it, I prefer just doing descriptive writing instead, also I barely watch Traditional movies so I don't really know how it works. I like to watch realistic movies instead. Last month I wrote a Traditional story, it turned out to be more realistic and in the present time than the past so it wasn't really a Traditional story. Have you ever written a Traditional story before? 

Anyway, today I just wrote a free verse so basically it's just like a story but got the same lay out like a poem, it just doesn't rhyme. I did it about 'If I didn't have a horse' like what I would be doing. Also last week I wrote a poem based off Valerie bloom Desember poem. Valerie lives in America so it's winter when it's Desember, but  here (NZ) its super warm. I feel like when you make a poem, you have to be very patient because not everything comes to your mind, also you have to make it rhyme which is even harder. 
Here are the poem/Verses: 

The nights were hot and the skies were in a knot 

While the sun shined at 5 o'clock. 

Walking down the beach while the sand in your feet 

You can feel the raise of the sun on your hot hot checks 

The barbeque would flared with hot red flames burning the sausages making them plain.

The sun now sets upon tents as we pack up for the night and listen to the ocean rip.

Free verse:


If I didn't have a horse, 
I would be so bored spending my days with nothing to do. 
If I didn’t have a horse,
 I would not have something pleasant to look forward to. 
If I didn’t have a horse,
 I would have no entertaining shows to go to. 
If I didn’t have a horse,
 I wouldn't need to wake up at 5 am on a Sunday morning. 
If I didn’t have a horse, 
My days would be like plain bread. 
If I didn’t have a horse, 
I would be so lazy I wouldn't be able to move a nerve 
If I didn’t have a horse, 
I would be so out of shape that my arms will arce if I picked up a chip. 
If I didn’t have a horse, 
I would be stuck inside of a boring house 
If I didn’t have a horse 
I would be looking at my awful phone with square eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.